HR Manager – Lincolnshire, IL
Temp to possible hire HR Manager need to develop small private HR Department. This position will be the company’s first HR position and will consolidate HR-related responsibilities. The company’s employees are based across the US.
• Develop programs to enhance employee relations and to offer support to each staff member.
• Act as a liaison between the company and outside legal and professional resources to ensure that all employment policies follow current laws and regulations.
• Manage recruitment and selection process
– Sourcing candidates
– Interviews, reference checks, new employee paperwork.
– Onboarding, including introducing new employees to the corporate culture.
• Oversee salary and bonus administration.
• Oversee benefits administration.
– Paid Time Off
– Health Insurance (as well as dental and life insurance)
– Review completed studies of employee engagement/satisfaction and implement plans to address any areas where improvement is needed.
• Oversee employee engagement and salary competitiveness surveys approx. every 2-3 years.
• Develop, implement, and oversee employee performance management process that aligns with organizational priorities and drives performance.
• Oversee off-boarding process, terminations, legal documentation when necessary.
• Draft and coordinate annual updates of the company’s Employee Handbook.
• Assess training needs to develop and apply relevant training plans.
• Maintain employee personnel files.
• Ability to respond timely and effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
• Keep executive management informed of HR issues as needed.
• Work with the Company’s Controller on HR-related matters.
• Evaluate potential HR information systems.
• Nurture a positive working environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 7+ years of proven experience
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate, measure, and maintain employee morale.
• Demonstrated understanding of local, state, and federal employment laws.
• Experience in a multi-state corporate environment a plus.