HR Generalist – Chicago, IL
Our Transportation client is in need of a temp HR Generalist with Union knowledge. This is a three-month plus opportunity onsite at their Michigan Avenue or South Chicago location.
The HR Generalist is a stand-alone position responsible for tactical and administrative support in the areas that include but may not be limited to recruiting and interviewing candidates, training new hires, administering pay, benefits, and leave, compliance, employee relations, onboarding, employee engagement, and enforcing company policies and practices.
Will support and provide guidance regarding employee relations issues and will maintain documentation and filing of records that are in compliance with company, local, state, and federal requirements.
· Recruit, interview and facilitate the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborate with hiring managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings. · Facilitates new hire orientation and new hire training.
· Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management.
· Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, team members, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
· Prepare personnel files and maintain compliance for audit reviews.
· Assist in the development and update of job descriptions
· Counsel supervisors on employee relations matters and recommend appropriate resolution.
· Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
· Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
· Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· May oversee the scheduling, assignments, and daily workflow of subordinate staff in the department.
· May assist with constructive and timely performance evaluations.
· Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
· Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS, ATS, and performance management systems.
· Bachelors’ Degree
· A minimum of 3 years HR Generalist experience
· Union Labor experience required