Benefits Specialist – Rosemont, IL
Temp to hire Benefit Specialist need for global business, responsible for supporting the benefit plan data administration and reconciliation for the health and welfare plans including, medical, dental, vision, life & disability, 401k, and other ancillary benefits. Responsible for day to day employee benefit plan and enrollment inquiries, and other projects requiring support. Liaison with the benefits outsourcing center to resolve benefit enrollment issues.
• Ensure accuracy of all benefits enrollment data in the HRIS
• Ensure processes and procedures are in place to capture and maintain consistent and accurate benefit related data.
• Perform reconciliation process for benefits billing and facilitate data to accounting on a monthly basis. Resolve reconciliation issues reported by finance.
• Fulfill ad-hoc benefit cost reporting requests for accounting.
• Audit health and welfare plan eligibility and discrepancy files and take the necessary actions to resolve discrepancies.
• Complete ad-hoc data gathering, and reconciliation requests related to ongoing benefits consolidation projects.
• Serve as the primary owner and processor of invoices. Track invoices and ensure payments are remitted timely. Report outstanding invoices and reach out to the vendors for missing invoices.
• Respond to carrier data requests and follow up with carriers on the status of benefits, leave of absence, and disability.
• Support the Benefits & HRIS Specialist with benefits communication, day-to-day administration, and coordination of company wellness initiatives. Draft and design wellness announcements for the quarterly newsletter.
• Compile and maintain benefits records and documents electronically.
• Assist with the open enrollment process and biometric screening of employee engagement activities. Work with the third-party vendor to coordinate open enrollment mailings.
• Conduct post open enrollment audits, and make the necessary system updates.
• Consolidate employee job data and report to the salary survey data vendor.
• Serve as a backup for the Benefits & HRIS Specialist as needed to support leave of absence requests, deliver weekly STD payment reports to payroll admins, benefits premium adjustment reports, and 401k deduction imports.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Two- years of benefit and HRIS administration experience a must.
• This job requires the individual to have strong excel skills for data analysis, management, and reporting.
• Proficient in MS Office Word and PowerPoint (Pivot tables/v-look up and formulas) .
• Proven experience with HRIS systems, preferably Ultimate Software.
• Understanding of health and welfare programs and leave management is a must.
• Knowledgeable about COBRA, FMLA, ADA, and Benefit regulations – ERISA, ACA, etc.