Accounting Manager – Naperville, IL
ACCOUNTING MANAGER for distribution business opportunity, responsible for overseeing all general ledger, trial balance activity, and preparing timely and accurate financial statements. Knowledge of accounting and auditing practices and principles. Must have experience with detailed balance sheet and P/L analytics, CPA preferred.
• Prepare and manage monthly and annual close-related activities for the consolidated summary of revenue, expenses, balance sheet, and cash flow statement.
• Coordinate all year end information requirements related to year end independent accountant review and quarterly and annual state and federal income tax prep requirements.
• Review and ensure balance sheet reconciliations are properly and timely maintained.
• Assist in planning and managing year-end reviews with external auditors.
• Develop, improve, and implement internal controls related to financial reporting.
• Prepare all state sales tax returns.
• Review and approve journal entries for the month end close process.
• Assist with preparation of the quarterly board deck.
• Assist with all information technology, Rubicon Software, network infrastructure, e-commerce, and telecommunications issues.
• Ability to research accounting questions/concerns and present clear, concise, and actionable findings for management review.
• Demonstrated ability to look at the root cause of process and efficiency issues and provide solutions.
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance or accounting or equivalent experience required.
7 Plus years of financial reporting and or accounting related experience.
CPA certification considered a plus.